Certain foods take us back to our childhood, and Dad’s Beer Braised Hot Dogs does just that for me! Usually on the weekends, my dad would cook beer dogs and snack on them while he was watching an Indy car race. This hot dog snack is simple to make and requires very few ingredients. All you need is a can of beer, hot dogs, tobasco sauce, and an onion. Nowadays, Dad uses Kielbasa instead of hot dogs, but I still prefer the classic version. However, one ingredient CAN’T be changed. Tabasco! If you subsititute this ingredient, it just won’t have the same kick. I hope you enjoy!
dad’s beer dogs
- 2 packages hot dogs cut into bite size pieces
- ½ onion diced
- 12 oz beer
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- saltine crackers for serving
- colby cheese for serving
- Place sliced hot dogs and diced onion in a medium saucepan.
- Add beer and Tabasco sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and let it cook until the sauce has reduced to about ¼ cup. This will take about 60-75 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with Saltine Crackers and Colby Cheese.
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.