I was a little late to the game when it came to buying an air fryer for my kitchen. I didn’t have enough room in my kitchen for all the appliances I already had. So, why would I spend more money on an item that seemed to just act like a miniture convection oven. However, during the holidays I fell victim to the huge discounts that were being offered. I ended up buying the Instant Vortex Air Fryer, and I honestly don’t regret making that purchase now. However, there have been a few hiccups learning how to use the new air fryer. Below you will find my review of the pros and cons of the Instant Vortex Air Fryer.
Pros of Instant Vortex Air Fryer:
- Shorter Cooking Times
- Although air fryers are not as speedy as a regular microwave oven, they do take considerably less time than your standard oven. They don’t take as long to preheat, and the cooking time is drastically reduced as well.
- Better Tasting Food
- Some store bought frozen foods are just not meant to be microwaved. Although these foods can be microwaved in a hurry, the results tend to be mushy and greasy. The air fryer will give you crispy and tasty results in a short time frame as well. Consider this the healthier option than having to deep fry your frozen foods.
- User Friendly Display
- Even though I had never used an air fryer before, Instant Vortex’s display is minimal and easy to understand. You have the options of Air Fry, Roast, Bake, and Reheat. I’ve only used the Air Fry option so far, but it works beautifully. Just set your temperature and time and press “Start”. Instant Vortex will even give you a reminder when it is time to shake (or flip) your food.
Cons of Instant Vortex Air Fryer:
- Shortage of Cooking Instructions
- There are plenty of air fryer cookbooks out there to purchase with your air fryer. I’ve found a few great air fryer food blogs as well. However, most pre-made products that you buy at the grocery store are not going to have air fryer instructions. So, if you’re willing to do a little internet research, this might not be a problem for you.
- Slightly Difficult to Clean
- The air fryer basket and cooking tray are dishwasher safe. However, if you are trying to manually clean the cooking plate by hand, it’s slightly difficult. The cook plate is built in a way that the hot air can circulate completely around the food. It also allows for grease to drip to the bottom of the basket. Because of this design aspect, there are many places in the cooking plate for food to collect. If the plate is not cleaned immediately after cooking, it can be difficult to get into the nooks and crannys.
Hopefully this Instant Vortex Air Fryer review is helpful for you in your shopping journey. For other great kitchen appliances, visit “5 Kitchen Tools Every Home Needs”.
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.