If you couldn’t tell by now, I absolutely love peanut butter! However, I’m not much of a baker, so I’m always looking for new and easy ways to make desserts. Recipes like Crispy Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs allow you to be a little more flexible with the ingredients. However, I wouldn’t change too much about the peanut butter filling…it’s delicious. Chocolate covered peanut butter eggs are one of my favorite spring time treats. The best part…they’re usually marked on sale after the holidays! However, if you’re wanting some peanut butter treats with a little more crunch, this recipe has a surprise ingredient! Keebler’s Town House Light and Buttery Crackers give a light crunch to this crispy, chocolate peanut butter dessert. Also, these crackers will also give you that signature egg shape that is so familiar. If you like this recipe, also check out Cocoa Pebbles Peanut Butter Truffles! After making the peanut butter eggs, use any leftover peanut butter fillings for other recipes. The peanut butter spread tastes great on top of toast as well! If you’re feeling extremely frisky, blend it with some vanilla ice cream for a peanut butter milkshake. Eat more peanut butter and stay fabulous!
crispy chocolate covered peanut butter eggs
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- Medium Saucepan
- Measuring Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- For the Peanut Butter Filling: Combine melted butter, crushed graham crackers, peanut butter, and confectioner’s sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, combine ingedients over low to medium speed for approximately 1 minute. Cool mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When the peanut butter filling has chilled, it will be easier to work with. Take a heaping tablespoon of the peanut butter filling and press between two Town House crackers. Set aside on a baking sheet until the next step.
- When the peanut butter cracker “sandwiches” have been made, set a medium mixing bowl over a small pot of boiling water. Pour the semi-sweet chocolate chips, 3 tbsp butter, and ¼ cup milk into the medium mixing bowl. Using a whisk, stir all the ingredients together until they have completely melted and combined into a rich chocolate sauce.
- When the chocolate sauce has melted, using a set of tongs, dip each peanut butter cracker “sandwich” into the chocolate mixture until it is completely coated. Place onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper until all sandwiches have been coated. Allow to chill in the freezer for at least 60 minutes.
- Melt the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and ¼ cup milk in a small microwaveable dish. Using a piping bag with a fine tip, drizzle the melted peanut butter over the chilled chocolate eggs. Chill for another 20 minutes and serve.
This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program.