Toasted Sesame Peanut Noodles with Chicken is one of those fabulous and flavorful weeknight recipes. The ingredients in this recipe are staples that we love to keep in our pantry at all times. Ingredients like soy sauce, Sriracha, and toasted sesame oil only have to be used in fairly small amounts. However, they provide an abundance of flavors for any dish. A small amount of peanut butter will add richness as well. Also, simply sauteing seasoned chicken will round out this fabulous dish so that it’s fit to feed a crowd. Use whole wheat pasta in order to lighten up the dish. Toasted Sesame Peanut Noodles with Chicken is going to be one of those crowd pleasers that you turn to time and again.
Take Out Flavor, Stay At Home Freshness
The combination of toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, and peanut butter are key ingredients to give that “take out” flavor. Experiment with the measurements of the key ingredients depending on your family’s tastes. Add additional Sriracha sauce if your family prefers spicier foods. We are not big cilantro eaters around here, but it would taste delicious as a garnish as well. However, unlike some take out food, you will know exactly the freshness in your food.
Enjoy this recipe? Feel free to save it and follow us on Pinterest!
toasted sesame peanut noodles with chicken
- Large Frying Pan
- Large Pot
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Saucepan
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb thin spaghetti whole wheat
- ½ cup lite soy sauce
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lime
- 12 oz frozen peas defrosted
- 4 scallions chopped, green parts only
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Season diced chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add extra virgin olive oil to a large nonstick frying pan and warm over medium-high heat. Once oil has warmed, add chicken to the pan and saute until cook thoroughly.
- While the chicken is sauteing, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Generously season the boiling water with salt. Add the whole wheat pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the starchy cooking water. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Once chicken has cooked completely, add it to the large mixing bowl with the cooked pasta, peas, and chopped scallions.
- To make the sauce: Combine soy sauce, reserved pasta water, sesame oil, peanut butter, Sriracha sauce, mince garlic, and the juice of 1 lime into a medium saucepan. Heat until warmed and whisk until all ingredients are completely blended. Pour over the noodles, peas, and chicken in the large mixing bowl.
- Toss all ingredients to combine and serve.