As the evenings start to get warmer, there’s nothing better than enjoying a fruity cocktail on the patio. We used to make this watermelon and basil vodka cocktail by using fresh watermelon. However, that required having to chop up an entire melon, pureeing it in a blender, and then passing the puree through a mesh strainer. Luckily, that’s no longer necessary thanks to Simply Watermelon Juice Drink. Thank you for saving us lots of sweat and tears Simply Beverages! Now, all we have to do is muddle in some fresh basil and allow it to steep overnight. Throw in a splash of vodka and you’re good to go! The Watermelon Crawler is going to be one of those great cocktails that you turn to time and time again.
Cuz My Garden’s So Basilicious!
If you’ve been following our site for a minute, you know that Basil is one of those essential herbs that every home should have. Not only is it incredibly easy to grow, it’s incredibly versatile in recipes. Besides the watermelon and basil vodka cocktail, you can also blend it with pine nuts and olive oil to make a simple homemade pesto sauce. Actually, it’s pretty delicious in almost any Italian dishes that you might make. Make sure to add Basil to your home garden ASAP!
Have you seen us on Pinterest yet?!? Follow our boards for all of our amazing recipes and more!
watermelon basil vodka cocktail (the watermelon crawler)
- muddler or wooden spoon
- cocktail glasses
- 2½ cups Simply Watermelon Juice Drink
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 8 oz vodka
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Pour the watermelon juice into a large pitcher. Add the basil (about 10 large leaves). With a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon, muddle the basil leaves for approximately 1 minute until the leaves have bruised.
- Cover the pitcher an allow to rest for 4 hours (or up to overnight) in the fridge.
- After the watermelon and basil have had time to rest, pour the vodka equally between four cocktail glasses. Strain out the basil leaves from the watermelon juice by using a mesh strainer. Divide the watermelon juice equally among the cocktail glasses. Serve with ice and fresh lime wedges if desired.