Easy Chicken Adobo Pozole is one of those pressure cooker meals that we always love to make! The Instant Pot is by far one of the greatest appliances to grace our kitchens. Although pressure cookers have been around for ages, the Instant Pot utilizes modern technology for our benefit. We have to admit, before this appliance came out, the thought of pressure cooking a meal felt intimidating. Well, we don’t feel that way anymore. Experimenting with pressure cooker recipes has now become more accessible for all of us. One of those recipes that we love is Easy Chicken Adobo Pozole. Chipotle peppers, rich tomato sauce, and soft hominy combine with a few more easy spices to make an incredibly satisfying meal for the whole family.
Peace, Love, and Hominy
Hominy is one of those great flavors that we always love to use in our recipes when we can. However, a lot of people have never even had it before! Don’t be intimidated by this new ingredient though, because hominy is essentially the same thing as corn. It is processed in a way that causes it to fluff up and almost take on a bean-like texture. Hominy is corn kernels that have been soaked in an alkaline mixture that removes the hull of the kernel. Also, another little known fact is that hominy is often used to make grits! So, if you love the flavors of fresh corn, you’re definitely going to love adding hominy to your recipes in the future too! Eat more corny food and stay fabulous!
Have you seen us on Pinterest yet? Follow our boards to see more delicious and fabulous recipes!
easy instant pot chicken adobo pozole
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- chef’s knife
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 tbsp reserved adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp Roasted Chicken Better than Bouillon
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 25 oz white hominy drained
- tortilla chips for serving optional
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute” setting and add olive oil. When oil has warmed, add the diced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- To the Instant Pot, add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, chicken stock, Better than Bouillon, green chiles, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. Stir all ingredients together and turn the Instant Pot off by pressing “Cancel”.
- Add the chicken thighs to the broth mixture and put the cover back on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to the closed position and press the “Manual” button. Set the timer to cook for 12 minutes.
- At the end of the 12 minutes, manually (and carefully) release the pressure from the Instant Pot by turning the valve to the open position. It is best to use a kitchen towel while opening the valve in order to prevent getting any steam burns.
- Once the pressure has been completely released, open the lid to the Instant Pot. Carefully, use two forks to shred the chicken into large bite sized pieces. Add the drained hominy and allow to heat in the broth for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.