We love easy cooking! However, like a lot of home cooks, we don’t like having to do a lot of dishes. One Pot Mexican Cowboy Beans is definitely an incredibly easy and flavorful way to get dinner on the table fast. And since you won’t be spending the rest of your evening having to clean up a lot of dishes, you can spend more time with the family. This hearty bean dish is similar to the cowboy beans that you’re used to. However, it utilizes Mexican ingredients like fresh ground chorizo and red enchilada sauce. The dish ends up being the perfect balance between sweet and spicy. One Pot Mexican Cowboy Beans are going to be a new favorite for the fabulous home cook that wants to save a little time…without sacrificing flavor.
Mexican Chorizo or Spanish Chorizo?
In our opinion both styles of sausage are delicious! Mexican chorizo is finely ground and uncooked while getting its reddish color from the spices used for flavoring. Spanish chorizo, on the other hand, is a fully cooked sausage and has its own distincly smoky flavor from Spanish pimenton. Mexican chorizo can be found in the fresh meat section of the grocery store.
Have you seen us on Pinterest yet? Follow our boards for more FABULOUS great recipes!
one pot mexican cowboy beans
- Dutch Oven
- Cutting Board
- chef’s knife
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs ground Mexican chorizo see notes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 40½ oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 30 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 28 oz can pork and beans undrained
- 7 oz diced green chiles
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 19 oz red enchilada sauce
- sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large dutch oven, add the olive oil and and warm over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ground chorizo. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned and the fat has rendered. Add the chopped onion and continue to cook until the onion has softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the drained beans, pork and beans, diced green chiles, crushed red pepper, and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine all ingredients. Cover the pot and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour.