White chocolate and macadamia nuts are pretty much the perfect combination in our opinion! What better way to utilize that marriage of flavors than to add them into a delicious marshmallow cereal treat? White Chocolate Macadamia Chex Treats are a perfect and easy dessert to make with your kids and/or grandkids. Very low heat, marshmallows, and a little bit of stirring is all you really need for this delicious treat! Also, using a corn based cereal adds a new layer of flavor. Still craving something sweet? Try our Crispy Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs as well! However, we think that these white chocolate macadamia chex treats will more than likely suffice!
macadamias for days…
Macadamia nuts are by far our favorite! Did you know that the macadamia tree is actually native to Australia? However, here in the United States they’re primarily grown in Hawaii. Macadamia trees were introduced to Hawaii in the mid 1800’s and have been thriving there ever since. Our favorite brand is Mauna Loa! However, because of shipping costs, these delicious little nuts can get a little pricey. They’re totally worth it in our opinion though!
white chocolate macadamia chex treats
- Large Pot
- 13×9″ casserole dish
- 3 tbsp butter plus 1 tbsp for preparing dish
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups corn Chex cereal
- 4.5 oz dry roasted macadamia nut pieces
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large pot over low heat, melt 3 tbsp of butter. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- One the marshmallows have melted, add the macadamia pieces and stir. Remove from heat. Add the chex cereal and gently fold into the marshmallow mixture.
- Prepare a 13×9 dish by applying a thin layer of butter. Add the marshmallow cereal mixture to the dish and gently press down with a rubber spatula. While the mixture is still warm, sprinkle with white chocolate chips and press down gently with the spatula.
- Place in the fridge and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into 12 delicious squares!
Cookbookies is a member of the Amazon Affiliate Program offering a percentage commission on various products.