Slow Cooker White Wine Chicken Thighs is one of those Spanish inspired recipes that we love so much! Actually, we love any reason to pull out the slow cooker. This recipe has multiple fabulous elements working in its favor. Not only are chicken thighs low-cost, but they’re also super flavorful. Slow braise them in white wine, and they’re even more delicious. What gives the white wine sauce those amazing Spanish flavors is the addition of roasted red peppers. The roasted red peppers will soften up and cook down into the sauce. In fact, the sauce is so yummy that you’ll want to make sure you have fresh crusty bread on the side to soak it up. Try Slow Cooker White Wine Chicken Thighs and let us know what you think. If you’re still in the mood for some Spanish flavors, check out Spanish “Russian” Potato Salad as well! Eat more slow cooked food and stay fabulous!
slow cooker white wine chicken with roasted red peppers
- slow cooker
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 cups white wine
- 12 oz roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute skin side down in a large frying pan.
- Add chicken thighs to slow cooker with roasted red peppers, white wine, and minced garlic.
- Cook on low for 4 hours until cooked all the way through to 165°F. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
Cookbookies is a member of the Amazon Affiliate Program. This program provides commission bonuses for affiliate sales on various products on Amazon.com.