We love most Latin inspired recipes that we try, but we absolutely love Easy Instant Pot Cuban Picadillo! You probably wouldn’t ever really think of braising ground beef in white wine, but the finished result is absolutely delicious. With pops of salty and sweet elements from the olives and golden raisins, it’s basically flavor gymnastics on the palette. Also, by using an Instant Pot, you’re going to cut the normal cooking time down drastically! So, if you’re running short on time during the week but want to get some amazing flavors on the table, try Easy Instant Pot Cuban Picadillo tonight!
Picadillo tonight…creative leftovers tomorrow
This recipe for Cuban Picadillo will make a fairly large batch of the delicious dish. One of the things that we really love about picadillo is that you can get pretty creative with the leftovers. Since it kind of has the consistency of a sloppy joe, you could simply eat in on toasted bread. Also, you could use it as an empanada filling! We have some pretty fun ideas up our sleeve! Stay tuned and stay fabulous!
Wanting some more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our recipe for Easy Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Pozole!
instant pot cuban picadillo
- Instant Pot
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1¼ cups dry white wine
- 8 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 packet Goya Seasoning
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- 3 tbsp capers
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 bay leaves
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saute” setting and cook the ground beef until brown all over. Remove ground beef and drain the grease.
- Add the diced onion and green pepper to the Instant Pot and saute for 3-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the minced garlic and allow to cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Press the “Cancel/Off” button on the Instant Pot.
- Return the cooked ground beef to the Instant Pot with the onions, green pepper, and garlic. Add the wine, crushed tomatoes, Goya seasoning, cumin, oregano, ketchup, olives, capers, raisins, and bay leaves. Stir all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to the Sealed position. Press the “Manual” button and set the cooking time to 15 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, let the steam naturally release by allowing it to sit for 10-15 minutes. Carefully release any leftover pressure from the Instant Pot. Stir and serve with white rice.
Cookbookies is a member of the Amazon Affiliate Program, which is a commission based sales program for various products on Amazon.com.