Want a light and fun twist on the average taco recipes? You’ll love these Vegetarian Broccoli Tacos with Black Bean Hummus! Also, it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fast to make as well. Steamed broccoli florets combined with feta cheese and french fried onions is definitely a flavor that will please the whole crowed. If you’re able to find mini taco shells, Broccoli Tacos also make a great appetizer or brunch dish. We personally love these little tacos with a light sparkling wine while spending an afternoon with friends. Also, we love a good hot sauce for a little kick. However, be careful with which hot sauce you choose. Avoid anything that has too much vinegar in it, or it might overpower the subtle flavors of the broccoli filling. However you choose to enjoy Vegetarian Broccoli Tacos with Black Bean Hummus, we know that it’s going to be one of those great recipes you turn to time and time again!
Still looking for some more vegetarian options? Check out our recipe for Sweet Basil and Cherry Tomatoes Quinoa!
vegetarian broccoli tacos with black bean hummus
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- baking pan
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets cooked and drained
- 5 oz feta cheese
- ½ cup french fried onions plus extra for serving
- 8 flour tortilla
- 8 taco shells
- store bought black bean hummus
- Cholula Hot Sauce optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked broccoli, feta cheese, and french fried onions. Mix together with a hand mixer until completely combined.
- Heat up flour tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- To assemble double decker tacos, spread 3 tbsp black bean hummus on a flour tortilla. Wrap the flour tortilla around the hard taco shell, using the black bean hummus like a glue to keep them together. Fill the inner hard taco shell with broccoli and feta mixture.
- Top with hot sauce and additional french fried onions if desired.
Cookbookies is a member of the Amazon Affiliates Program which is a commission based sales program on various Amazon products.