If you’ve ever been to Dollywood before, then you’ve probably walked through the big aroma cloud that wafts from the Big Sausage Skillet Stand. Dollywood’s Big Sausage Skillet Recipe isn’t difficult to make though! This delicious home style dish is full of great comfort flavors. Thinly sliced potatoes, smoked sausage, and sauteed vegetables make for a complete and delicious dinner for the whole family. To evenly slice the potatoes, we love using the mandolin side of our Microplane Box Grater. The key to this dish is to evenly slice the potatoes in order for them to finish cooking around the same time. However, a standard vegetable mandolin or food processor with slicing attachment will work as well. Dollywood’s Big Sausage Skillet Recipe is definitely a southern comfort dish for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Now, are you still looking for more Dollywood recipes? Check out our post for Dollywood’s Famous Cinnamon Bread Recipe as well!
dollywood’s big sausage skillet recipe
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- Mandolin Slicer or Box Grater
- chef's knife
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- 3 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 lb red potatoes thinly sliced, skin left on
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 3 tbsp vegetable shortening over medium heat. Add the sliced potatoes to the skillet. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes have cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add the smoked sausage. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced vegetables and seasoning. Stir to combine. Cover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes until vegetables have started to soften.
Adapted from Sausage and Potato Big Skillet.
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.