Is there anything more relaxing than the fresh, floral scent of lavender flowers? How about combining that with a smooth vanilla vodka for your next favorite summer cocktail? This Lavender and Vanilla Vodka Cocktail is easy to make and a great crowd pleaser. Although lavender isn’t a part of our Five Essential Herbs for your Patio Garden, it’s definitely one of those extra plants we save room for each year. If you don’t have any fresh lavender flowers, then you can also use organic lavender buds from an online retailer. While making the simple syrup, pay attention to the level of lavender flavor that you are looking for. You can add or reduce the amount of lavender flavor you like by simply adjusting the amount of lavender buds you use. However, there is one thing that is NOT optional in our opinion. Purple food coloring will give Lavender and Vanilla Vodka Cocktail that distinctive lavender color that will leave your guests amazed! Therefore, not only are you enjoying a nice floral cocktail, you’ll be drinking something visually appealing as well! Drink more floral cocktails and stay fabulous!
lavender and vanilla vodka cocktail
- glasses for serving
- 1 cup sugar for simple syrup
- 1 cup water for simple syrup
- 4 tbsp fresh or dried lavender buds for simple syrup
- 2 oz Absolut Vanilla vodka chilled
- 4 oz tonic water chilled
- 1 drop purple food coloring
- lemon zest for serving optional
- To make the lavender simple syrup, combine the sugar, water, and lavender buds in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer the syrup for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Strain the lavender buds from the simple syrup using a fine mesh strainer. Allow the simple syrup at least 1 hour to chill in the fridge.
- In a champagne flute or cocktail glass, combine 2 tbsp of the lavender syrup, 1 drop purple food coloring, 2 oz Absolut Vanilla, and 4 oz tonic water. Serve with a twist of lemon zest if desired.