We have to admit, we’ve been on a bit of a meatless taco trend lately. They’re just as easy to make and still bursting with loads of flavor! These vegan chorizo skillet hash tacos are a great example. With the right spice mixture combined with the comforting heartiness of roasted potatoes, what could possibly go wrong? Well, you could always forget the spicy sriracha ranch sauce on top. Therefore, make sure you don’t forget the easiest step in the whole recipe! The coolness of the ranch combines perfectly with the spiciness of the sriracha sauce! So, Easy Vegan Chorizo and Skillet Hash Tacos will be your next favorite meatless recipe for the whole family! Eat more tacos and stay fabulous!
Still looking for more meatless taco recipes? Check out the links below!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
vegan chorizo and skillet hash tacos
- Cast Iron Skillet
- baking pan
- Aluminum Foil
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 14 oz frozen Potatoes O’Brien see note
- ¼ cup chopped scallions green parts only
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 8 flour tortillas for serving
- First, slice the block of tofu into four individual slices. Lay the sliced on top of a plate lined with 2-4 pieces of paper towel. Then, place 2-4 pieces of paper towel on top of the slices. Add weight to the top of the tofu with a heavy cast iron skillet. Transfer to the fridge and allow the moisture to drain from the tofu for at least 30 minutes, changing out the top pieces of paper towel at least once.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, and ground coriander. Stir together with a wire whisk.
- When the tofu has drained for at least 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and crumble the tofu into the spice mixture. Stir the crumbled tofu with the spices until completely coated. Transfer the tofu chorizo to an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 35 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- While the tofu chorizo is baking, heat the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. When the oil is warm, add the frozen potatoes in a single layer in the pan. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- When the tofu chorizo has done baking, remove from the oven and add to the cooked potatoes. Add the chopped scallions and stir to combine.
- To make the sriracha topping, in a small bowl stir together ½ cup ranch salad dressing with 3 tbsp sriracha sauce.
Adapted from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken’s “Vegan Chorizo Tofu Crumbles“.