Spanish Chorizo Shrimp in Sherry Sauce is one of those great weeknight meals that’s easy to make! Not only is it fast to make, but it’s also full of great Spanish flavor! This recipe requires very few ingredients. However, make sure to buy the best possible ingredients for maximum flavor! Also, we love serving this tapas style dish in an authentic Spanish cazuela! In our opinion, Spanish Chorizo Shrimp in Sherry Sauce deserves the best presentation! Eat more Spanish food and stay fabulous!
Spanish Chorizo is a firm pork sausage that is seasoned with Spanish Pimenton (a smoked paprika). Chorizo Autentico Mild by Palacio’s is a great quality chorizo that we love. However, only a few grocery stores carry Palacio’s. It is available to purchase online though. Boar’s Head Uncured Chorizo is another great option that is available in some grocery stores.
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
spanish chorizo shrimp in sherry sauce
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- chef’s knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz Spanish Chorizo diced into ½ inch pieces
- ¾ cup dry sherry
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chorizo and cook for 5 minutes until the fat starts to render.
- Add the dry sherry, salt, and paprika to the skillet and continue to cook for 10 minutes until the sauce reduces by half. At the end of cooking, stir in the 1 tbsp unsalted butter.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until completely cooked through. Stir the shrimp and pour into a small serving bowl or cazuela dish. Serve with warm fresh bread to dip in the sauce.