Wow! This is definitely not your average Sloppy Joe! Don’t get us wrong, we love the flavors of that tangy tomato based Joe. However, sometimes it feels like that Sloppy Joe sauce take away from the real star of the dish…THE BEEF! Beefy Pepper Gravy Sloppy Joe Sliders are definitely a great break from tradition! A great way to describe the flavor would be if a Philly Cheesesteak combined with a Sloppy Joe. Then, thicken that flavor with some flour (like you would with Sausage and Gravy), throw in some extra seasoning, and you’re good to go! Although you can use regular ground beef to make this recipe, we really love the extra heft that comes from using fresh Carne Picada. Eat sloppy and stay fabulous!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
beefy pepper gravy sloppy joe sliders
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb carne picada
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp browning seasoning
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- King's Hawaiian Sweet Slider Buns for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carne picada, diced onion, and diced red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat has browned and the vegetables have softened (7-10 minutes).
- Add the flour to the beef mixture and stir. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base, salt, pepper, browning seasoning, dried thyme, and apple cider vinegar. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 10 minutes. Serve with King's Hawaiian Sweet Slider Buns.