We love a delicious hummus! Not only is it a great appetizer, but it can also serve as a hearty and healthy snack as well! Hummus is made by blending chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice. However, we thought that we’d mix it up a little big by using black eyed peas instead. Throw in some smoky seasoning and spicy jalapeño, and you’ve got yourself a brand new dish! Spicy Jalapeño Black Eyed Peas Hummus is high in fiber and protein. Therefore, you don’t have to feel quite as guilty when you indulge on those delicious flavors! Also, you can feel even better when you serve it with fresh crudités. However you choose to enjoy Spicy Jalapeño Black Eyed Peas Hummus…just make sure you leave enough to share! Eat more dipping foods and stay fabulous!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
spicy jalapeño black eyed peas hummus
- Food Processor
- Measuring Spoons
- 31 oz canned black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the black eyed peas, tahini, minced garlic, jalapeño, apple cider vinegar, parsley, smoked paprika, seasoned salt, and kosher salt.
- Pulse the mixture while slowly pouring in the extra virgin olive oil. If needed, stop the food processor to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Continue blending until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving dish and drizzle with additional olive oil. Serve with fresh vegetables, tortilla chips, or pita bread.