We love a great casserole! Also, we love Mexican food! Therefore, why don’t we just combine these two loves for one fabulous dish that the entire family will enjoy! Easy Ground Turkey Burrito Casserole is simple to make. It’s kind of fun to assemble too. So, make sure to involve the kids as well! However, there is one key ingredient in this dish that you CANNOT substitute. Make sure that you buy WHITE CORN TORTILLAS to incorporate into the casserole! White Corn Tortillas and White Flour Tortillas are two very different ingredients. Flour tortillas simply will not have the same flavor or texture. Therefore, make sure you use corn tortillas. Alright…we’ll step down off of our soapbox now. We were getting a little dizzy up there anyway. Oh yeah…don’t forget. Eat more casseroles and STAY FABULOUS!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
easy ground turkey burrito casserole
- Large Nonstick Pan
- 13×9 Glass Baking Dish
- Wooden Spoon
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 16 oz refried beans spicy variety
- white corn tortillas for layering casserole
- 2 cups Mexican style cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, cook the ground turkey until it has browned all over. Drain and return to pan.
- To the ground turkey, add the cumin, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Add the enchilada sauce, chicken stock, sriracha sauce, and refried beans. Stir until the refried beans have completely combined with the ground turkey mixture.
- In a 13×9 casserole dish, spread a thin layer of the ground turkey mixture along the bottom of the dish. Add a layer of white corn tortillas until completely covered (See Notes Below). On top of the tortillas, add another layer of of the ground turkey. Add 1 cup of the shredded mexican cheese blend. Continue assembling the casserole, ending with a top layer of ground turkey and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove the foil to allow the top layer of cheese to brown a little. Serve sprinkled with scallions.