We have to admit, sometimes when our sweet tooth hits…it hits hard! You already know about our love of peanut butter. However, did you know that we are cheesecake lovers as well? What better way to combine those two great flavors than in a peanut butter cookie stuffed with cheesecake filling? Ultimate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookies are definitely one of those desserts that you want to save for a really special night…like tonight! Peanut butter cookies provide a salty and sweet flavor. The smooth and creamy cheesecake filling adds just the right amount of acidity needed to balance out the flavors. These little cookie sandwiches are a little decadent, so make sure that you have enough friends and family around to share them with! Eat more stuffed cookies and Stay Fabulous!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
ultimate peanut butter cheesecake cookies
- hand mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- ⅛ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
To Make the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
- With a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until it is a creamy texture (1-2 minutes). Add 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, peanut butter, and egg to the bowl and continue mixing over medium speed. Once the ingredients are blended, turn your mixer to low and slowly add the flour and baking powder. Return the mixer to medium speed and blend until all ingredients have combined to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and space apart between two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. You should have enough dough to make about 2 dozen cookies. Flatten the cookies in a criss cross pattern using the tongs of a fork. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling
- With a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy (2-3 minutes). With the mixer running, add in confectioner’s sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and pure vanilla extract. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Assemble the Cookie Sandwiches
- Spread ¼ cup of the cheesecake filling mixture in between two of the peanut butter cookies. This process is easier to do using a piping bag.
- Move cookie sandwiches to the fridge and allow to chill for at least 4 hours.