An old fashioned chili dog is one of the best summertime treats! A chili dog can evoke different memories. Whether it’s sitting in the bleachers of a ball game, watching a movie, or just enjoying time with friends, there always seems to be a perfect time for a chili dog! Also, it doesn’t hurt that they’re incredibly fast and easy to make. This sweet chili dog sauce is a version that we have always loved. Sweet chili on a savory hot dog is quite possibly the perfect flavor combination. Also, like any other hot dog masterpiece, this chili sauce is just the start of all the fun flavor possiblities. Relish, diced onion, and extra mustard all taste delicious when added on top!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
sweet meat chili dog sauce
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh ground chuck
- ½ yellow onion fine diced
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp Roasted Beef Better than Bouillon
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- hot dogs and buns for serving
- In a large dutch oven, add the olive oil and warm over medium heat. Add the ground chuck and cook until browned. Drain the grease and return to pot.
- To the ground beef, add the onion, mustard, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, vinegar, water, celery seed, Better than Bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Add the ketchup and stir.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If needed, add extra ketchup to keep the meat sauce from drying out.