Summertime is here and it’s definitely corn season around our house! Actually, it’s usually corn season all year long for us. However, this particular corn recipe is definitely one that will have the whole family clamoring for more. Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Corn Cake can be a delicious side dish. Also, it’s sweet enough to have as a light dessert at the end of a meal. Sweet cream style corn is the secret ingredient for this dish. It also never hurts to add a little butter as well! Corn meal, flour, and baking powder give the delicious sweet corn it’s bread-like consistency. However, don’t mistake this for corn bread. It’s more of a soft and sweet corn bread pudding. In other words…it’s fabulously delicious! Eat more corn and stay fabulous!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
sweet jalapeño corn cake
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Hand Mixer
- 8"x8" baking dish
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup corn meal
- ½ cup flour sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 15 oz cream style corn
- ⅛ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a hand mixer.
- Add the cream corn and milk and continue to mix until completely blended and smooth.
- Stir in the thawed corn kernels and chopped jalapeño. Add the mixture into a prepared 8×8 baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes.