There’s one rule to home cooking that we will always stand behind. Sometimes, the most delicious recipes are the simplest ones. Fewer ingredients that are higher quality is always key. Perfect Rosemary Roasted Potatoes is a perfect example of simplicity at its finest. The short list of ingredients is all you need for a delicious side dish! Yukon Gold potatoes have such a great, buttery flavor all on their own. Therefore, there’s no need to drown out that natural flavor by over seasoning. Also, we suggest using a high quality olive oil to roast the potatoes. Fresh rosemary is available at almost any grocery store these days. However, if you have the room for it, we suggest having a small rosemary plant to keep for your patio garden. It’s very easy to maintain, and it provides so much additional flavor to your home cooking! Eat more potatoes and Stay Fabulous!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
perfect rosemary roasted potatoes
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Large Pot
- 3 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Without peeling, chop the potatoes into one inch pieces. Cover the potatoes completely with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the drained, parboiled potatoes to a medium mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes until they are completely covered with the olive oil and rosemary mixture. Add to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Make sure the potatoes are not crowding each other and are in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, stirring the potatoes once halfway through cooking time. Season to taste with additional salt if necessary.