Sometimes there’s nothing better than a big bowl of warm soup. We know…we know…it’s still hot outside. However, we don’t think that’s any reason to wait for a delicious bowl of Easy Spicy Coconut Curry Lentil Soup. Garam Masala and golden curry powder provide an abundance of flavor. Then, smooth coconut milk cools down those spicy flavors. Hearty red lentils create a bowl that is bowl healthy and full of delicious fiber. We love to eat this soup with a loaf of freshly baked crusty bread to dip in the rich and delicious curry sauce! Also, this bowl can easily be made vegan by omitting the Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base. However, we always love the amazin flavor that Better than Bouillon always provides! Eat more curry and stay fabulous!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
coconut curry lentil soup
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- Large Pot
- Wooden Spoons
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 cups water
- 16 oz red lentils
- 1½ tbsp Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 bay leaf
- 13.5 oz lite coconut milk
- sour cream for serving optional
- In a large nonstick pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped onions and simmer until translucent (5-7) minutes. Stir in minced garlic and heat until fragrant (30-60 seconds).
- Reduce heat to medium and add curry powder, Garam Masala, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add water and Better than Bouillon to the onions and spices and stir until blended. Add lentils and bay leaf to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk into the soup and stir. Cook an additional 5 minutes over medium low heat until the lentils are tender. Season to taste with additional salt if needed.