Is there any better summer flavor than fresh cucumbers? We certainly don’t think so! Fresh Cucumber and Melon Rum Cocktail only needs a few ingredients to make. Cucumber Simply Syrup is incredibly easy to make. It’s refreshing, sweet, and delicious! However, it does take some time to make. Therefore, make sure you allow enough time for all that delicious cucumber flavor to steep into your sweet syrup. If the delicious cucumber simple syrup isn’t enough for you, then we added sweet Midori Melon Liqueur. Midori Melon Liqueur is made from muskmelon and has a bright and beautiful green color. For extra sweetness we decided to top off our cocktail with a lemon-lime soda. However, a simple seltzer water would also work as well. However, when we want something sweet…we go all the way! *wink* Drink more cucumbers and STAY FABULOUS!
Looking for more drinks like Fresh Cucumber and Melon Rum Cocktail? Check out our drink recipes for Lavender and Vanilla Vodka Cocktail AND Watermelon Basil Vodka Cocktail (The Watermelon Crawler)!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
cucumber melon rum cocktail
- Cutting Board
- Box Grater
- Cocktail Shaker
Cucumber Simple Syrup
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
Cucumber Melon Rum Cocktail
- 1 oz Cucumber Simple Syrup recipe below
- 1 oz Midori Liqueur
- 1½ oz silver rum
- 4 oz lemon lime soda
To Make the Cucumber Simple Syrup
- With a box grater or food processor, shred 1 english cucumber with the peel on.
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, bring 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar to a low simmer. Reduce heat to low and stir in the shredded cucumber. Allow to the cucumber to steep in the simple syrup for at least 20 minutes.
- Pour the simple syrup through a fine mesh strainer in order to remove the cucumber. Transfer the syrup to a storage container to refrigerate.
To Make the Cucumber Melon Rum Cocktail
- Combine the simple syrup, Midori, silver rum, and lemon-lime soda in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake, pour, and serve. Drink Fabulously!