Feeling a little overwhelmed with all of that zucchini coming at you from all directions? Well, here’s a tasty (and spicy) option for you then! Easy Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles with Jalapeño are super easy to make. However, they do have to brine for at least 24 hours before you can enjoy them. We chose to cut the pickles into spears. It’s really a matter of personal preference. If you choose to cut the pickles into chips, you might be able to fit more zucchini into the jar. However, we feel like the larger spears help retain some of that natural zucchini deliciousness! No matter what way you choose to pickle your zucchini, make sure you do it fabulously!
Cookbookies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
zucchini refrigerator pickles with jalapeño
- pint jar
- Medium Saucepan
- Cutting Board
- chef’s knife
- Measuring Spoons
- 3-4 small zucchini
- 1 jalapeño
- ½ cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini. Slice lengthwise into quarters. Pack the mason jar full of the cut zucchini spears.
- Cut the stem end off of the jalapeño. Cut into quarters lengthwise. Then, carefully remove the ribs and seeds from the pepper. Finely dice the pepper and place them in the jar on top of the zucchini spears. (Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after handling cut peppers…because ouch).
- Add vinegar, water, garlic, minced onion, salt, and sugar to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium high heat until the salt has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Transfer the mixture to a measuring cup for easier pouring.
- Carefully pour the pickle brine over the jalapeño and zucchini spears. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.