Who doesn’t love the flavors of cheese, Mexican chorizo, and sweet cornbread? Well, now you can have all of those flavors combined into a delicious and hearty casserole for the whole family! Cheesy Chorizo Cornbread Casserole is a fast and easy meal anyone can make on a busy weeknight. Furthermore, it’s also a great dish to impress at that next potluck. This recipe can be made from leftover cornbread that has been dried in the oven. However, we decided to simplify the process by using Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing Mix. Mexican Chorizo is full of great spicy flavor. However, don’t confuse Mexican chorizo with Spanish chorizo, which is a harder salami style sausage. Both styles of chorizo are delicious, but this dish definitely needs the soft texture of Mexican chorizo to blend with the cornbread. Eat more casseroles and stay fabulous y’all!
Looking for more great recipes like Cheesy Chorizo Cornbread Casserole? Check out some of these fabulous recipes below!
cheesy chorizo and cornbread casserole
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- 13×9" casserole dish
- Aluminum Oil
- Cooking Spray
- 2 lbs ground Mexican chorizo
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 12 oz Pepperidge Farm Classic Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- sour cream for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet add ground chorizo, diced onion, and diced green bell pepper and cook over medium heat. Break up the ground chorizo with the back of a wooded spoon. Cook covered for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened and the chorizo has cooked completely. Drain the chorizo mixture in a colander to remove excess grease. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cornbread stuffing mix. Top the stuffing mix with the cooked chorizo mixture. Add the shredded cheddar cheese, chicken stock, and kosher salt. Toss the mixture together until completely combined.
- Add the stuffing and chorizo mixture to a prepared 13×9 inch casserole dish. Top with 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes to allow the cheese to brown a little. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Check out some of my Google Web Stories HERE!