Slow roasted butternut squash is exactly the fall flavor that we have been craving. We love a big bowl of butternut squash ravioli! However, making homemade ravioli can sometimes be a difficult process. We have just the solution…Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Pasta! Not only will you get all of those great butternut flavors, but it is an easy dinner to throw together during the work week. Also, the leftovers make easy lunches to pack for the next day! This fresh and hearty butternut squash sauce would taste great on any kind of pasta. However, we just love the texture of a thick and silky pappardelle. Other great pasta options could include rigatoni, orecchiette, or even a whole wheat pasta. Whatever pasta you choose to use, you can enjoy knowing that you’re eating fabulously! We would suggest serving this delicious dinner with a fresh & vibrant side salad. Oh yeah…we forgot to mention that this dish is vegetarian as well! Eat more squash and stay fabulous y’all!
Looking for more fall flavored dishes? Check out our recipe for Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry with Chicken!
Looking for more great recipes like Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Pasta? Check out some the recipes below!
parmesan and roasted garlic butternut squash pasta
- Nonstick Baking Sheet
- Large Nonstick Pot
- Food Processor or Blender
- 1 butternut squash
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Better than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- 5 oz shaved parmesan
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 16 oz pappardelle pasta
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and remove seeds from the butternut squash. Chop the squash into 1″-1½” pieces. Place the chopped butternut squash in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss the butternut squash with the oil and seasonings until coated all over.
- Roast the squash in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until softened and starting to turn lightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven when done roasting.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with kosher salt when the water comes to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta being sure to reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the cooked butternut squash, vegetable stock, roasted garlic base, half the shaved parmesan, ricotta cheese, sugar, salt, pepper, and reserved pasta water. Purée on LOW for approximately 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the butternut squash sauce. Garnish with the remaining shaved parmesan. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Eat fabulously!