Soup season is definitely here and we are HERE for it! When the air starts to cool down and fall colors are just around the corner, there is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup. Dolly Parton’s Stampede has the best Creamy Vegetable Soup. However, we don’t get to go to Stampede as often as we like. So we’ve had to make due by making our own adaptation of the soup…with a little help from Dolly Parton! In the cookbook “Dolly’s Dixie Fixins”, Dolly has a great recipe that we’ve tweaked a little bit. What we love most about this soup (other than the fact that it’s delicious) is that it is soooo easy to make. This is a great soup that can be thrown together pretty quickly as a soup starter for any meal. Eat more creamy soups, listen to more Dolly songs, and STAY FABULOUS!
Looking for more delicious recipes like Dolly Parton’s Stampede Creamy Vegetable Soup? Check out some more great dishes below!
dolly parton’s stampede creamy vegetable soup
- Cutting Board
- Medium Nonstick Saucepan
- measuring cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 15 oz can of mixed vegetables drained
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- In a nonstick pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion powder, garlic powder, and white pepper. Stir.
- Sprinkle the flour into the melted butter and seasoning mixture. Stir continuously for about 1 minute until the flour has incorporated into the butter.
- Add the chicken stock, whole milk, drained canned vegetables, and kosher salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring often to keep the milk from scorching. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in fresh chopped parsley. Serve with some biscuits and eat fabulously!
Adapted from Dolly’s Dixie Fixins by Dolly Parton.