It’s definitely slow cooker season around our house now! This is probably one of the easiest recipes that we’ve ever cooked before as well. This Italian Roast Beef Sandwich recipe is actually our version of a sandwich that we grew up eating. There was a pizza parlor called Art’s Pizza that had THE BEST roast beef sandwiches ever! Thinly sliced roast beef was cooked in a spicy tomato based sauce. However, the best part of the sandwich was probably the bread. Why the bread you ask? Well, it’s simple. A good crusty bread will soak up all of that spicy and delicious beef broth! Although we don’t get to this restaurant much anymore, we always make a big pot of this delicious roast beef whenever we’re wanting the tastes from home. However, we don’t need to go any further than our own kitchen to get it! Stay fabulous!
Looking for similar dishes? Check out our recipes for Beefy Pepper Gravy Sloppy Joe Sliders
Looking for more recipes like Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef Sandwich? Swipe through some of our fabulous recipes below!
slow cooker italian roast beef sandwiches
- slow cooker
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- measuring cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 green bell peppers cut into large chunks
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Better than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 star anise
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2½ lbs shaved beef steak
- Combine all ingredients except the shaved beef steak in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook over low heat for 6 hours. After the sauce has cooked for 6 hours, add the shaved beef steak and cook for an additional 1-2 hours until completely cooked.
- Serve on a good crusty bread that will absorb all the juices.