White Chicken Chili is one of those dishes that just about anyone can enjoy! With only a few essential ingredients, this is one of the easiest meals to make on a busy weeknight. Chicken, stock, chiles, and spices are basically all you need for a spicy bowl of Green Enchilada White Chicken Chili. We like to add extra beans in order to make the dish hearty enough to fill up everyone at the table. It’s not necessary to use three different kinds of beans, but it’s not nearly as fun either! Oversized Butter Beans combined with creamy Cannellini and Navy Beans are the perfect combination to add both bulk and fiber to the dish. A last minute addition of sour cream adds a touch of tanginess that just brightens up the dish a little bit. Did we mention that this tastes great served with tortilla chips as well? YUM! Eat more chili stuff and stay fabulous!
Looking for more fabulous recipes like Green Enchilada White Chicken Chili? Check out our Recipes section for more!
green enchilada chicken chili
- Large Nonstick Pot
- Wooden Spoons
- Cutting Board
- chef's knife
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 28 oz green chile enchilada sauce
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning low-sodium
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 16 oz canned butter beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned navy beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- green onions for serving
- Add 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs to a large nonstick pot.
- Add chicken stock, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, and salt to the chicken thighs. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove chicken from the broth. Shred the chicken and return it to the pot. Add the drained rinsed beans to the chili. Stir and heat an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and season to taste with additional salt if necessary. Serve garnished with chopped green onions.