Pork tenderloin is probably one of the easiest main dishes that can be made during the week. Not only does it take very little time to cook, but it’s also easy to enhance with different flavors. Easy Weeknight Garlic Ginger Pork Tenderloin is full of Asian inspired flavors. Crushed garlic, grated ginger, and soy sauce are always a great combination for neutral proteins. This marinade would also work great with diced chicken breasts or chicken thighs as well! One key ingredient that you definitely don’t want to leave out of the marinade is the sesame oil. Just a little bit of this flavorful oil will definitely give it that extra flavor boost that takes the dish over the top. However, be careful not to marinate the pork tenderloin for too long. Although it won’t hurt the flavor, too much time in the marinade will cause the meat fibers to break down too much. Remember to just keep seasoning and stay fabulous, y’all!
Looking for more dinners like Easy Weeknight Garlic Ginger Pork Tenderloin? Check out our recipe for Toasted Sesame Peanut Noodles with Chicken!
garlic ginger pork tenderloin
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowls
- Gallon Sealable Storage Bag
- Sheet Pan
- 2 inch lemongrass cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- ¼ cup green onions sliced, white and green parts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine lemongrass, garlic, green onions, olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper.
- Whisk all ingredients until completely combined.
- Place the pork tenderloins in a one gallon storage bag that can zip shut. Pour the marinade in with the tenderloins and seal shut, removing any excess air. Allow to marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove the pork tenderloins from the marinade and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the pork tenderloin for approximately 20-25 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.