We have to admit that breakfast is definitely our favorite food group! Who says that it can only be served during a certain time of the day? Breakfast for dinner is quite possibly one of the best things to enjoy. In fact, the flavors of breakfast are so good, that we let those flavors spill over into our brunches on the weekends! Breakfast Flatbread with Eggs, Leeks, and Bacon is a great way to combine fabulous breakfast flavors with the fun of a pizza brunch!
We used Wewalka refrigerated pizza crust for this recipe. It is usually found in the cooler section of your grocery store where the cheeses and canned biscuits are kept. It varies by location however. Other pre-made pizza crusts can be used, but we prefer the classic flavor of Wewalka as a good base. The flavors of all of the toppings should be the star of this brunch spectacle! Eat fabulously y’all!
Looking for more great recipes like Breakfast Flatbread with Eggs, Leeks, and Bacon? Check out out these recipes below!
breakfast flatbread with eggs, leeks, and bacon
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- Nonstick Baking Sheet
- 8 oz thick cut bacon sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 leek
- 10 eggs whisked
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14.1 oz Wewalka classic pizza dough
- white truffle infused olive oil for serving
- salt and pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon for 8-10 minutes over medium heat until fully brown and starting to crisp. While the bacon is browning, prepare the leek by cutting off the root end and dark green parts of the leek. Slice the leek in half, rinse, and slice into ½" pieces. Set aside.
- When the bacon is done cooking, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Drain the bacon grease from the skillet, reserving about 1-2 tbsp. Add the prepared leeks and saute for 7-9 minutes until beginning to soften. When the leeks have softened, set aside with the cooked bacon.
- Add the whisked eggs to the nonstick skillet and scramble.
- While the eggs are cooking, unroll the pizza dough onto a nonstick baking pan. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Then, remove the crust from the oven and top with scrambled eggs, leeks, bacon, and crumbled goat cheese. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle each slice of the breakfast flatbread with white truffle infused olive oil (so yummy). Eat fabulously!