Spanish Tortilla Egg Bites are quite possibly one of the simplest, yet satisfying, recipes that you can make. Little egg bites with BIG Spanish flavor are just what anyone can use to get through that next afternoon slump. It also helps that this recipe requires surprisingly few ingredients. All you need are eggs, some cheese, and a couple of pantry staples! Easy enough, right? Typically, a Spanish Tortilla is made in a with nonstick pans on the stovetop. However, sometimes it can require up to two different pans, and the whole process can get a little messy. Using your Instant Pot is a great way to simplify the process without having to sacrifice any of those great tortilla flavors.
Looking for other great flavors similar to Spanish Tortilla Egg Bites? Check out our recipes for Spanish Potato Salad or Cheesy Chorizo Cornbread Casserole!
instant pot spanish tortilla egg bites
- 1 Instant Pot
- 2 Silicone Egg Bite Molds
- 1 blender a food processor also works
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup less fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup french fried onions
- 1 cup kettle cooked potato chips
- In a blender or food processor, combine eggs cottage cheese, olive oil, and salt. Blend together for 30-60 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
- Spray eggs molds with nonstick cooking spray. In each egg mold cup, crumble approximately 1 tsp of french fried onions and 1-2 tsp of large crumbled potato chips. Pour egg mixture evenly over the onions and chips in each cup.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the Instant Pot steamer rack on the bottom of the pot. Cover both of the egg molds with aluminum foil and stack on top of each other on top of the steamer rack.
- Replace Instant Pot lid and make sure the steaming vent is in the sealed position. Press the MANUAL button and set the cooking time to 8 minutes. At the end of 8 minutes, the pressure should naturally release after about 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the egg molds from the instant pot and serve fabulously.