- 3 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 lb red potatoes thinly sliced, skin left on
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
In a large nonstick skillet, melt 3 tbsp vegetable shortening over medium heat. Add the sliced potatoes to the skillet. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes have cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Once potatoes are cooked, add the smoked sausage. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the sliced vegetables and seasoning. Stir to combine. Cover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes until vegetables have started to soften.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.5g | Protein: 11.2g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 2.4g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg